[rescue] So, I'm bringing up my E3000....

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Tue Apr 6 09:40:06 CDT 2004

> From: Phil Stracchino <alaric at caerllewys.net>
> Date: 2004/04/06 Tue PM 02:25:12 GMT
> To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
> Subject: Re: Re: [rescue] So, I'm bringing up my E3000....

> I can get a console installer OK.  What I want right now is
> just a shell to do some checking and testing.  (I tried to
> just boot -s, but I seem to be unable to remember the root
> password for the machine.)

Oh fudge, I get it - you are trying to open a shell *without* booting into the GUI installer...

Argh - I always boot GUI installer, then right-click and open a terminal session, and do what you need to do... But if you are in a console session, I don't know how to open *another* session...

Maybe you could just shove in a framebuffer, do what you need to do via the installer boot image, than power down, remove the framebuffer and go from there?

Just a thought...