[rescue] So, I'm bringing up my E3000....

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Tue Apr 6 09:28:59 CDT 2004

Phil wrote:

> I can get a console installer OK. What I want right now is
> just a shell to do some checking and testing. (I tried to
> just boot -s, but I seem to be unable to remember the root
> password for the machine.)

   Well, if you boot from the install CD-ROM, can't you just stuff the
installer process into the background and open up a new shell? That what
I did yesterday with a Solaris 8 CD in my all-horked-up E3500.
   And you could always just do this, wipe the root password, and then
reboot locally.
-wde
--
Will Enestvedt