[rescue] New acquisition... (AIX)

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Sun Apr 4 00:14:03 CST 2004

On Apr 3, 2004, at 7:43 PM, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:

> On Sat, 3 Apr 2004, Dave McGuire wrote:
>
>>    They really do.  The only problem is the noise. :-(
>
> Noise?  Bah!  Music!!
>
> I have fond memories of my older electronic typewriter clattering away
> at a form letter.  I love that sound.  As far as printers go, it's
> probably only second to a well-designed[0] pattern spewed to an
> ImageWriter in terms of pleasant printer-driven audio output.
> ImageWriters can sing quite well with appropriate output.

I am fondly remembering my dad's letter quality printer from ages ago.
It was a daisy wheel I think.  Printed beautifully... loved the
tacktacktatack and then the nice little whirr as the carriage returned.
  I think it actually printed in both directions alternatingly but you
got occasional non-printing returns... sounded like a screen door
hydraulic as it travelled along the bar.  And of course my original
home PC's printer a Citizen 120D.  Nice little dot matrix printer.  I
still had it up until a few years ago... in fact my dad might have it
somewhere.

Andrew