[rescue] New acquisition... (AIX)

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sat Apr 3 18:43:38 CST 2004

On Sat, 3 Apr 2004, Dave McGuire wrote:

>    They really do.  The only problem is the noise. :-(

Noise?  Bah!  Music!!

I have fond memories of my older electronic typewriter clattering away
at a form letter.  I love that sound.  As far as printers go, it's
probably only second to a well-designed[0] pattern spewed to an
ImageWriter in terms of pleasant printer-driven audio output.
ImageWriters can sing quite well with appropriate output.

>    I wonder if NetBSD has a driver for an LPV11 board...Jon could throw
> together a MicroVAX-II and use it as a print server, handling the LXY01
> and whatever other printers he has.  That would be *nice*.

Or a PDP-11.  I can't imagine where I'd find an 11-03, though.

*stubs toe*

Oh, there's one!

[0] Optimized for audio output--not graphical, of course.
--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Being on the Internet is not the same as being
Elgin, TX         (   famous.  That's like calling Cheetos 'dinner'."