[rescue] Oh no! This poor Origin server.....

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Thu Apr 1 16:00:53 CST 2004

On Thu, 1 Apr 2004, Mike Meredith wrote:

> Fools. Work is still using a 6 CPU E3500,

I never said it made sense, just that I was trying to fight it.  I work
for $stateAgency, and the DIR (Department of Information Resources--sort
of like a statewide IT oversight committee) is trying really hard to
force the whole state to use the same technologies so that they can
negotiate some killer deals on it.

It makes sense on the balance sheet, but it's a phenomenal waste of
time, talent, money, and energy in practice.  Especially since they're
pushing Windows and Linux of PeeCees.  In the interest of full
disclosure, this is probably a contributing factor in my vehement hatred
of Linux, but, oh well.

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Being on the Internet is not the same as being
Elgin, TX         (   famous.  That's like calling Cheetos 'dinner'."