[rescue] Oh no! This poor Origin server.....

Mike Meredith mike at blackhairy.demon.co.uk
Thu Apr 1 15:46:05 CST 2004

On Thu, 1 Apr 2004 14:35:00 -0600, Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 11:43:16AM -0600, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> > Then why have I been fighting tooth-and-nail to keep the suits from
> > scrapping our E3500, not because it has sensitive information, but
> > because OMG!  It's more than two years old!  OMG!  400MHz!  How can
> > you possibly get Real Work done with only 400MHz??
>
> WHAT?  Man, I just moved all my stuff *onto* a 6-CPU (336Mhz) E3K.

Fools. Work is still using a 6 CPU E3500, and whilst it's being
replaced, the reason for doing so is that the application has grown,
we're putting more applications on it, and as it is it's pretty much
overloaded. It's not disappearing though ... it'll probably eventually
end up being a JumpStart/MRTG/cflowd/subversion/etc server.