[rescue] Oh no! This poor Origin server.....

N. Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Thu Apr 1 16:21:57 CST 2004

On Thu, 1 Apr 2004 11:43:16 -0600, "Jonathan C. Patschke"
<jp at celestrion.net> said:
> On Thu, 1 Apr 2004, Dave McGuire wrote:
>
> >    DUDE.  It's April 1st.
>
> I don't play that game.
>
> > Nobody scraps Origins,
>
> Then why have I been fighting tooth-and-nail to keep the suits from
> scrapping our E3500, not because it has sensitive information, but
> because OMG!  It's more than two years old!  OMG!  400MHz!  How can you
> possibly get Real Work done with only 400MHz??

At new $job, one of our subcontractors tried to go through the side-
channel to attempt to convince our clients that the 3 year old Suns
are "a hardware disaster waiting to happen".  The Linux fanboys are
trying to get them to switch to x86 hardware.

Like it matters since the application runs in a clustered environment
where losing a server is NBD, and we have a full service contract
anyway.  And, sure, we want to paint the red target on our backs
by switching to Linux when our security geek is only contracted for
20 hours a week.

What the hell is it with people thinking 3 y-o gear is scrap?

=Nadine=
--
  N. Miller
  vraptor at promessage.com