Unemployment on the Rescue List? (was RE: [rescue] FS: SGI

Daniel de Young daniel at velvetsea.com
Mon Sep 29 04:05:15 CDT 2003

On Sun, 2003-09-28 at 20:05, Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 wrote:

> Right now $nice_client is going with all Dells and XP.  Thankfully the
> server is based on Linux and I have installed WinVNC on all the XP
> boxes so that I can connect remotely without having to walk all over
> their 30,000 sf building.

RDP and rdesktop on *nix seems to work *much* better than winVNC for the
clients I support that have XP clients.

With nothing at all to back it up, I believe it works much faster and
smoother, especially over vpn.

Not to mention that (iirc) you can set it up with a group policy from
the server instead of having to install and maintain a separate
application on each client.

At least check it out if you haven't already.

-Daniel