[rescue] IBM and Unisys equipment

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Sat Sep 27 10:58:58 CDT 2003

On Sat, 2003-09-27 at 05:13, Chad Fernandez wrote:
> Power supply?  It's external? ..... or do you mean that it's a UPS?  The
> computer itself doens't look all that huge.  The tape drive looks a lot
> like the Cipher I gave away, and the hard drives look to be a standard
> PC server type setup.  I assume the termainls are Unisys t-27.

I'm just speculating that it's the power supply.  Most of the cabling
for the machine is under the floor.  In that metal cabinet there's a few
circuit breakers, so maybe the thing is even just a transformer.  I
don't know.  The machine is rather small, each of the two chassis are
about the size of a 4/x70.  The one on the right is labeled
"expansion".  I pulled out the hard drive in that external chassis.  it
is a standard SCSI hard drive (i think it was a seagate).   I don't know
the model number of the terminals.

> I wouldn't mind getting this thing, even though, I wouldn't know how to
> use it.  I'd save it until for the day I do.  I used to sort of collect
> Unisys PC's, so I have heard of the A-series previuosly.

I thought about taking it for that reason too, but I already have enough
machines that i'm not using.

> I assume this operates on 220v, but is it single phase, or three?

No clue.

> Looks a bit like a side by side washer and dryer :-)

kind of, but quite a bit smaller.  They're about chair-height.

	-Dan Sikorski