[rescue] Advice on Octanes

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Wed Sep 24 13:48:11 CDT 2003

On 2003.09.24 19:28 Gerhard Lenerz wrote:

>   OH-MY-GOD... I guess it's time to hunt for a better Octane and give
>   my old one (~400 EUR in 11/02, 2xR10K/175, 512MB, 9GB, SI) away as
>   long as I still get a reasonable amount of money for it. Makes
>   probably much more sense than buying parts to upgrade.
Yes. Prices are coming down quite quick. I saw R10k machines going for a
bit more then 200,-EUR. But your dual CPU adds quite some value.

> PS: Did you get my mail?
Which one? The Personal IRIS stuff from yesterday? Yes, I simply had not
the time to answer all mail. I drove deep into the "Odenwald" yesterday
to get a nice AlphaServer 2100 with dual 250 MHz EV5 CPUs, 1 GB RAM and
two Storage Works shelfes. :-)
--

tsch|_,
       Jochen