[rescue] Advice on Octanes

Gerhard Lenerz mail at g-lenerz.de
Wed Sep 24 14:26:02 CDT 2003

Hello Jochen,

> Yes. Prices are coming down quite quick. I saw R10k machines going for a
> bit more then 200,-EUR. But your dual CPU adds quite some value.

  that's the point where it's probably possible to buy "new" without
  giving up too much money. I wouldn't mind putting some cash into my
  Octane, but I prefer to spend the little computer budget I have on
  more antique things.

>> PS: Did you get my mail?
> Which one? The Personal IRIS stuff from yesterday?

  Yup. I was just a bit worried - my mailbox is a total mess at the
  moment (1500+ mails a day). If you don't mind (this is also for
  anybody else who wants to contact me in person) CC your mail(s) to
  gerhard.lenerz AT gmx with the german TLD added. ;)

> Yes, I simply had not the time to answer all mail. I drove deep into
> the "Odenwald" yesterday to get a nice AlphaServer 2100 with dual
> 250 MHz EV5 CPUs, 1 GB RAM and two Storage Works shelfes. :-)

  Uuuh... that sounds like a nice haul. :)

Gerhard