[rescue] Advice on Octanes

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Tue Sep 23 18:24:10 CDT 2003

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 15:15:19 -0700 (PDT)
Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez wrote:

> I recommend a remedial computer architecture class before making such
> statements, thanks :).

I see.  All the ad hominem attacks in the world aren't going to change
my mind, or anyone elses for that matter.  Perhaps you'd like to start
over and explain where I went wrong instead of implying that I know
squat?

I was addressing your statement that a P3 and a Octane have a memory
subsystem that is on par with each other.  Nothing more, nothing less.

As far as raw computational prowess, My Octane still stomps the P3 800
behind me for a number of tasks.  That's real performance, not
benchmarks or theoretical speed.

--
Kurt              "You're all bastards! MTV sucks! We hates you all!"
kurt at k-huhn.com                                -- Gollum