[rescue] help with mta & mua

Sheldon T. Hall shel at cmhcsys.com
Wed Sep 17 13:00:40 CDT 2003

See below ...

What's the name of the mailserver in the OS X MUA setup?

It probably should just be the name of the MTA box, but _not_ fully
qualified, and that name has to be in the /etc/hosts file (or equivalent) on
the OX S box.

F.ex.:

	OS X MUA set up for mailhost "grumble" (not grumble.foo.bar)
	OS X /etc/hosts has "192.168.0.20 grumble" or some such

You can probably also just put grumble's IP address in the host slot in the
OS X MUA.

I run that same sort of setup here, albeit with Windows and Unix clients, no
Macs.

-Shel