[rescue] IRIX 5.3 CD questions

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Wed Sep 17 11:44:45 CDT 2003

Oops....  I think I assumed Indigo 2... yet you were discussing Indigo...

The Indigo R4K mainboard (HP2 ?) will take an Indigo 2 R4400SC150 processor
(although the standoffs/screws are a different thread, but they could also
be robbed from tne R4400SC150 Indigo 2 donor system).

BTW, anyone got an extra R4K Indigo mainboard (not Indigo 2).  I have an
R3K one here, and am contemplating a future upgrade if someone has a
mainboard available.

Also, anyone got any extra of the special SIMMS used in the R3K Indigo
systems ???

-- Curt

>Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 09:31:51 -0400
>From: Kurt Huhn <kurt at k-huhn.com>
>To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [rescue] IRIX 5.3 CD questions
>
>On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 08:29:42 -0500
>Joshua D. Boyd wrote:
>

>> > 6.5.latest - though it's a little painful.  An R4400 will make that
>> > significantly less painful.
>>
>> BTW, Kevin, my understanding is that that particular upgrade is just a
>> chip swap, like from an Indy or Indigo2 machine.
>

>I've not found any information that disputes that either.  However, I
>have not tried it...yet.
>
>--
>Kurt                 "I am not aware that any community has a right to
>kurt at k-huhn.com       force another to be civilized."
>                                                   --John Stuart Mill

Curtis Wilbar
Hawk Mountain Networks

rescue at
t       a
e       w
n       k
.niatnuom

My e-mail is protected against viruses and spam by MailGuardian
                  http://www.mailguardian.net
          Top notch protection at unbelievable prices