[rescue] IRIX 5.3 CD questions

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Wed Sep 17 11:40:58 CDT 2003

BTW, I have some of 200MHZ 1M L2 cache processors for Indigo 2.  I also
have the BOOT ROMs to support them (as if your boot rom is too old, a
cpu swap alone would not be enough).

For list members, $20 for CPU and boot prom.  Plus actual shipping of
course.

I have a limited number of 200MHZ 2M L2 cache Indigo 2 processors, and
possibly one 250MHZ 2M L2 cache Indigo 2 processor.  $30 for the
200MHZ 2M L2, and $40 for the 250MHZ 2M L2 ... also with boot ROM included.

For those interested, I may have a remaining Indigo 2 IMPACT power supply
and midplane for someone looking to add IMPACT support to an older Indigo 2.
$50 + ship for PS and midplane.

I also have a number of Indigo 2 R4K mainboards, Indigo 2 audio sub cards,
Indigo 2 rear interface pcbs (mouse, kb, serial 1+2, etc).  I have internal
SCSI cabling (they mylar cables), hard drive backplane, cd-rom drive bay/
backplane, etc....

-- Curt

>Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 09:31:51 -0400
>From: Kurt Huhn
>To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [rescue] IRIX 5.3 CD questions
>
>On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 08:29:42 -0500
>Joshua D. Boyd wrote:
>

>> > 6.5.latest - though it's a little painful.  An R4400 will make that
>> > significantly less painful.
>>
>> BTW, Kevin, my understanding is that that particular upgrade is just a
>> chip swap, like from an Indy or Indigo2 machine.
>

>I've not found any information that disputes that either.  However, I
>have not tried it...yet.
>
>--
>Kurt                 "I am not aware that any community has a right to
>                     force another to be civilized."
>                                                   --John Stuart Mill

Curtis Wilbar
Hawk Mountain Networks

rescue at
t       a
e       w
n       k
.niatnuom

My e-mail is protected against viruses and spam by MailGuardian
                  http://www.mailguardian.net
          Top notch protection at unbelievable prices