[rescue] best OS for SPARCserver 10

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Fri Sep 12 12:33:19 CDT 2003

>From: Kevin
>
>I have used an adapter with the PVR and it works fine
>after you spend the time to get the adapter configured
>correctly.

What is to configure on a SCSI adapter ? (besides ID and parity,
and termination if the adapter has termination ability on it) ?

>They actually work fine but in the back of my mind it
>feels like a kludge and causes problems with my sleep
>patters :)  I'm using one with an Indy at the moment
>but i don't like that setup either.

If the space is there, what problem do you have with an adapter ?

>Irrational, i know.

I'm using SCA drives in a few systems with adapters... one thing I do
like about it is that if all my systems had room for the adapters, then
I could in theory use any drive at any time in any system....  and the
system would use the best capabilities of the controller/drive combination.

>/KRM

-- Curt

>On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 11:54:20 -0400
>"Kevin Loch"  wrote:
>
>> Kevin wrote:
>> > Yeah, i've been casually looking for high cap 'N'
>> > series drives for use with a PVR card for some time
>> > now.  Not much luck to be had.
>> >
>> > /KRM
>> >
>> > On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 10:41:09 -0400 (EDT)

>> >pay.>
>> >>

>> Why not just use an adaptor?
>>
>> KL

Curtis Wilbar
Hawk Mountain Networks

rescue at
t       a
e       w
n       k
.niatnuom

My e-mail is protected against viruses and spam by MailGuardian
                  http://www.mailguardian.net
          Top notch protection at unbelievable prices