[rescue] best OS for SPARCserver 10

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Fri Sep 12 12:06:10 CDT 2003

>From: "Kevin Loch" <kloch at gurunet.net>
>
>Kevin wrote:
>> Yeah, i've been casually looking for high cap 'N'
>> series drives for use with a PVR card for some time
>> now.  Not much luck to be had.
>>
>> /KRM
>>
>> On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 10:41:09 -0400 (EDT)
>> "Curtis H. Wilbar Jr." <rescue at hawkmountain.net> wrote:
>>

>>>I'd love to have a half dozen of ST39173N drives... I
>>>just can't find any at a price I'd be willing to pay.
>>>
>>>Seagate even made an 18, possibly even a 36 in the
>>>'N' series.... they are even harder to find.
>>>

>Why not just use an adaptor?

Won't fit.... been inside an SS10 lately ?

Well, I should clarify.. it will not fit as intended, and if you use
the factory mounts, etc you won't get the top back on without modifying
the plastic of the top to break of tabs that go into the drive mount
brackets to keep the drives in place.

>KL

-- Curt

Curtis Wilbar
Hawk Mountain Networks

rescue at
t       a
e       w
n       k
.niatnuom

My e-mail is protected against viruses and spam by MailGuardian
                  http://www.mailguardian.net
          Top notch protection at unbelievable prices