[rescue] best OS for SPARCserver 10

Kevin kevin at mpcf.com
Fri Sep 12 12:41:55 CDT 2003

Q1: Nothing more to configure than what you listed but
my adapters didn't come with any docs and it was not
immediately obvious what jumper did what.

Q2: The space isn't really there to begin with but it
can be done.  They are pretty cramped on both the Indy
(which has no drive trays due to adapter and HD size)
and the Vectra where the PVR resides.  Also, in my
experience, they tend to break easily when trying to
remove them from SCA drives.  That may be just my
particular brand of adapters though.

But for the most part, my dislike of them is not
rational.  I just don't like them because they are
after the fact fixes.  Same irrational stuff that will
not allow me to run anything but Solaris on my Suns and
that stopped me from mixing one brand of toys with
another when i was a kid.

/KRM

keyserver: http://pgp.mit.edu/