[rescue] spam

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Sun Sep 7 11:42:03 CDT 2003

Looks like a spammer trolled the archives for addresses.  While
addresses may not appear in the headers, Mine, and Mike's are definately
findable in google in the list archives from either sigs or links.

<sigh>

Maybe a username/password should be setup for the archive ???

If it gets bad enough, I'll change my address on my server and
with the list....

The real sad part of spam.... if it didn't work, it wouldn't go on.
The fact that Joe Six Pack is dumb enough to respond to spam is
what helps keep it going.

<sigh>

-- Curt

>Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2003 09:21:40 -0700
>From: Mike F <lists at mikef.dyndns.org>
>To: "Curtis H. Wilbar Jr." <rescue at hawkmountain.net>, The Rescue List
<rescue at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [rescue] spam
>
>On Sun, 7 Sep 2003 12:26:23 -0400 (EDT)
>"Curtis H. Wilbar Jr." <rescue at hawkmountain.net> wrote:
>
>> Anyone else get this spam ?  I'm wondering if someone managed to get the
>> list of addresses for members of this list ?
>>
>> I don't use this address anywhere else except for this list and in
>> e-mail with members of this list.
>>
>> So, someone either got a list or partial list of list members or my
>> mailserver was probed for valid addresses and they got "lucky".
>[snip]
>
>Yup, got it here too, and I only use this address for rescue & geeks 8-/
>
>- Mike

Curtis Wilbar
Hawk Mountain Networks
rescue at hawkmountain.net

My e-mail is protected against viruses and spam by MailGuardian
                  http://www.mailguardian.net
          Top notch protection at unbelievable prices