[rescue] Are there any certification worth looking into these days?

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Wed Sep 3 21:56:47 CDT 2003

On Wednesday, September 3, 2003, at 09:31  PM, Lionel Peterson wrote:

>> It has been suggested I look into some OS-X certs.
>
> Do such beasts exist?
>
> Oh, becoming a certified tech for Apple might be good, if that were an
> option (of course, this presumes an Apple Store is a reasonable
> environment to work in)...

Yes... the following certifications exist.

I have both of the ACDT and ACPT

then... the others I'm pursuing as time allows....
---------
Apple Certified Desktop Technician
Certification Duration: 12 Months

Exam Group: Hardware - Only One Required

Exam Code

Apple Desktop Service Exam
9L0-001

Exam Group: Software - Only One Required

Exam Code

Mac OS Service and Support Exam
9L0-050

Mac OS X Administration Basics Exam 10.1 (exam retired)
9L0-502

Mac OS X Administration and Integration 10.2 Exam
9L0-603

Mac OS X and Mac OS X Server Essentials 10.2 Exam
9L0-504
-------------------

Apple Certified Portable Technician
Certification Duration: 12 Months

Exam Group: Hardware - Only One Required

Exam Code

Apple Portable Service Exam
9L0-203

Exam Group: Software - Only One Required

Exam Code

Mac OS Service and Support Exam
9L0-050

Mac OS X Administration Basics Exam 10.1 (exam retired)
9L0-502

Mac OS X Administration and Integration 10.2 Exam
9L0-603

Mac OS X and Mac OS X Server Essentials 10.2 Exam
9L0-504
------

Apple Certified System Administrator 10.2

Exam Group: Optional Specialization Exam - Optional Exams

Exam Code

Mac OS X Client Management v10.2 Exam
9L0-605

Exam Group: Software - All Required

Exam Code

Mac OS X Administration and Integration 10.2 Exam
9L0-603

Mac OS X Server Administration and Integration 10.2 Exam
9L0-604
---------------------
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.1

Exam Group: client - Only One Required

Exam Code

Mac OS X Administration Basics Exam 10.1 (exam retired)
9L0-502

Exam Group: server - Only One Required

Exam Code

Mac OS X Server Essentials Exam
9L0-503
-------------
Apple Certified System Administrator 10.1

Exam Group: admin basics - Only One Required

Exam Code

Mac OS X Administration Basics Exam 10.1 (exam retired)
9L0-502

Exam Group: mandatory - All Required

Exam Code

Mac OS Client Management (10.1) Exam
9L0-602

Mac OS X Network Administration Exam
9L0-600

Mac OS X Services Integration Exam
9L0-601
---------------
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.2

Exam Group: Optional Specialization Exams - Optional Exams

Exam Code

Mac OS X Client Management v10.2 Exam
9L0-605

Exam Group: Software - Only One Required

Exam Code

Mac OS X and Mac OS X Server Essentials 10.2 Exam
9L0-504
--------------------
Apple Certified Reseller - Pro Applications
Certification Duration: 12 Months

Exam Group: Shake Reseller - All Required

Exam Code

Shake Reseller Exam
9L0-905
-----------------
Apple Certified End User - Pro Applications

Exam Group: Pro Applications - Only One Required

Exam Code

Apple FCP4 End User Exam
9L0-908

Apple Logic Train the Trainer Exam
9L0-911
--------------
Apple Certified Technician - Pro Applications

Exam Group: ACT-DV - Only One Required

Exam Code

FCP Level 1 Technician Certification Exam
9L0-901

Exam Group: Optional Exam - Optional Exams

Exam Code

Apple Digital Media Reseller Seminar Exam Q1
9L0-910
--------------------------

Apple Certified Trainer - Pro Applications

Exam Group: Final Cut Pro Trainer - Only One Required

Exam Code

Apple FCP4 Train the Trainer Certification Exam
9L0-914

Final Cut Pro 4 Trainer Recertification
9L0-906

Exam Group: Optional Exams - Optional Exams

Exam Code

DVD Studio Pro Certification Exam
9L0-900

Final Cut Pro Color Correction Certification Exam
9L0-904

Shake Exam
9L0-903