[rescue] Re: Power

Gerhard Lenerz mail at g-lenerz.de
Wed Sep 3 03:24:14 CDT 2003

Hello James,

Wednesday, September 3, 2003, 4:22:46 AM, you wrote:

> Having said that I don't run big iron, I know someone who has a couple
> of deskside Onyx's  and a Crimson that may be available soon.  That may
> be more tempataion than I can resist.

  don't be afraid - at least not of the Crimson. This system, being a
  part of the PowerSeries, is usually[1] capable of running off either
  230V or 115V. Just check the switch at the back of the machine, as
  the PSUs aren't autoswitching. It's hidden behind the skins - don't
  know why it isn't generally accessible.

Gerhard

[1] "Usually", because this might not be true for a Crimson in a
    PowerSeries rack.

--
Old SGI Stuff                       http://sgistuff.g-lenerz.de/