[rescue] Re: Power

James Rice jrice54 at charter.net
Tue Sep 2 21:22:46 CDT 2003

I don't run big iron, just a lot of little boxes.  When I built the
house in 1999, I had four extra 20a 120v circuits installed in the
office (computer room) area.  It wasn't enough.  My plan this winter is
to pull a 100amp service from the panel in the garage (under my office)
to the closet and set a sub-panel.  I'm changing floors this winter
also, so while I can, I'm removing some of the sub-flooring and
installing some extra circuits to various corners of the office.  The
sub-panel will give me the capability of having 240v single phase, but I
don't anticipate ever needing it.  I'd love to install a seperate A/C
unit for the office, but that may be pushing the envelope with Ronda a bit.

Having said that I don't run big iron, I know someone who has a couple
of deskside Onyx's  and a Crimson that may be available soon.  That may
be more tempataion than I can resist.

--
http://webpages.charter.net/jrice54/classiccomp2.html