[rescue] The other question...need Amiga advice!?!

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Thu May 29 16:35:44 CDT 2003

On Thu, 29 May 2003, N. Miller wrote:

> Now, on the other hand, that ebay AIX system thread has me wondering
> (since I've seen a number of recent Solaris + AIX job listings)--what's
> the easiest and cheapest way to put together a low-end AIX system?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3027170105

Those are very nice systems, for the price.  They won't run AIX 5.2,
but they will run AIX 5.1.  From what I've heard, the framebuffer alone
on those systems is worth the buy-it-now price.

One thing I've learned (the hard way) about RS/6000 systems is, like
SGIs, you won't be able to buy a pile of parts for less than you'll be
able to buy a system.

I've got an RS/6000 370 at home that I got for free because someone
tossed it out, thinking it was an old PS/2.  Idiot lusers -are- our
friends sometimes. :)

--
Jonathan Patschke   )  "Lawsuit...why doesn't it surprise me that more
Thorndale, TX      (    than half of that word is Suit?"