[rescue] The other question...need Amiga advice!?!

N. Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Thu May 29 16:28:35 CDT 2003

On Thu, 29 May 2003 10:24:46 -0500, "Joshua D. Boyd"
<jdboyd at celestrion.celestrion.net> said:
> On Wed, May 28, 2003 at 04:12:45PM -0700, N. Miller wrote:
>
> > And it sounds like the primary use for this system would be video
> > capture/editting, which I am not really into yet.
>
> You can do video editing, but with a video toaster, it is going to be
> linear editing, not the capture it, arrange clips, and playback out to
> tape that you are used to.
>
> There are quite a number of fun things that can be done.  I hear that
> the gui toolkit is extremely nice if you are a programmer.  There are
> good games.  There are many things to do.

My statement wasn't meant to be a dismissal.  I remember fiddling
with my friends A500 with all the nice looking Psygnosis games that
still exceed what you see on a PS2 (which is where they program for
today).  I know there is a lot of cool stuff (and a high cool factor)
to be done with Amigas.

My issue at the moment is, though you guys are a great resource,
I don't know enough to start using one without a big time investment,
and I really should be doing more monetarily productive things right
now than learning a new (but out-dated) computer system.  It's not
like having "Amiga" on my resume would help that much with my job
search.  Unless I'm missing some secret Amiga job market. :-)

And, the guy was not willing to soften his prices at all, in spite of it
being a swap situation. I need the cash more.

Now, on the other hand, that ebay AIX system thread has me wondering
(since I've seen a number of recent Solaris + AIX job listings)--what's
the easiest and cheapest way to put together a low-end AIX system?

=Nadine=
--
  N. Miller
  vraptor at promessage.com