[rescue] The other question...need Amiga advice!?!

Eric Webb ttlchaos at randomc.com
Wed May 28 17:35:48 CDT 2003

On Wednesday 28 May 2003 09:46 am, Joshua D. Boyd wrote:

> For network connectivity, you will need to add a NIC.  The machines have
> ISA, so a generic ISA card might work, if there are drivers.

Negative.  The ISA bus is passive-only.  Even with a Bridgeboard, I don't
think you can use the ISA NIC (unless you do something a la Siamese?)

> I'm not
> sure that you will be able to easily add a NIC to a machine that already
> has a toaster in it though.

On a 2000, no problemo.  On a 3000/4000 (dekstop cases) space may be the only
issue.  I believe there are three slots aside from the one that is shared
with the video slot, but I think the toaster will take two slots... never
tried it.

-E.