[rescue] AS/400 Type 9404

Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez lefa at ucsc.edu
Wed May 21 14:27:06 CDT 2003

On Wed, 21 May 2003, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:

Make sure it comes with software, as far as I know OS/400 is almost
unobtanium. There was an urban legend about some IBM machines having some
sort of gravity switch that it got reset whenever the machine was moved.
So that a new license was needed. I thought it was an interesting myth...
and I doubt that even IBM was so stupid as to piss off customers in such
way "we just had a quake! What the @#!# do you mean we need a new
license!! :)"

Anyhow AS400 was always a strange beast. It has all these weird concepts
that it makes it hard to wrap around them and translate to "normal"
computer terms (ie. non-IBMerisms)