[rescue] IRIX 6.5 on an Indy

Gerhard Lenerz mail at g-lenerz.de
Sun May 18 12:59:27 CDT 2003

Hello,

Sunday, May 18, 2003, 8:18:33 AM, you wrote:

> I actually slapped 6.5.9f on it last night and i was very surprised by
> the speed.  It actually has 160 megs, i was thinking it was 128 but was
> mistaken.  I have an additional 128 here so i'll bump it up to 256 later.

  indeed... a reasonably equipped Indy isn't too bad, unless you try
  modern killer applications (Mozilla, OpenOffice). These suck also on
  highend Indy systems.

> This was also the first time i've gotten IRIX to install correctly
> (mistakes and ignorance on my part the first few times it tried.)  Like
> most things it's not such a bad install if you actually read the docs
> and take your time :)

  Personally I've come to like the IRIX installation procedure. :-)

--
Best regards,
 Gerhard                            mailto:mail at g-lenerz.de

Old SGI Stuff                       http://sgistuff.g-lenerz.de/