[rescue] UE1 memory prices?

Joshua D. Boyd jdboyd at celestrion.celestrion.net
Wed May 14 11:05:52 CDT 2003

On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 08:04:48PM -0400, Tim H. wrote:
> I have an Ultra Enterprise 1 with 64M in it, what is a reasonable number
> for a machine to learn Solaris 9 on (I know it officially wants 96M),
> and what kind of prices are appropriate these days?

It's reasonble, but just spend a little money and upgrade the ram.
Going to 256 might not cost more than $20.  I recently spent $60 on a
non-E U1 at 170mhz.  I don't really know how much value the UPA slot
adds.   For server use, a fast ethernet card is only $30ish, so I'd say
don't spend more than $90 for a E U1.