[rescue] UE1 memory prices?

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Tue May 13 21:44:30 CDT 2003

On Tue, 13 May 2003, Tim H. wrote:

> I have an Ultra Enterprise 1 with 64M in it, what is a reasonable number
> for a machine to learn Solaris 9 on (I know it officially wants 96M),
> and what kind of prices are appropriate these days?

Solaris 9 will run just fine on 64M of memory so long as you don't boot
from the "Installation CD".  A U1e is a perfect starter system.  It's
even a perfect server for many jobs.

--
Jonathan Patschke *) "The grabbing hands grab all they can, all for
Thorndale, TX     (*  themselves, after all, it's a competitive world;