[rescue] VAXStation 4000/90 Manuals

David de Gruyl david at bhaermandegruyl.org
Fri May 2 10:22:19 CDT 2003

* on [03-05-02 10:52] Dave McGuire wrote:
>   Damn fine machine, by the way...

One more thing for discussion: does anyone know when DEC decided to
cheaper in their construction?  I have a MicroVAX 3100  as well as the
Vaxstation 4000/90, and the microvax is built like a tank, while the
construction for the vaxstation is closer to a saturn -- plastic cover
and all.  My VAX 4000/300 is also constructed VERY solidly.

I guess that this is similar to Sun's changes from sparcstation to ultra
cases.

Are the alphas also built into plastic cases?  (specifically the
alphastations in pizzabox configuration -- the AT style ones do not
appeal to me at all).

David

--
David de Gruyl <david at bhaermandegruyl.org>