[rescue] Ultra SPARC purchase

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Sun Mar 30 21:38:36 CST 2003

On Sun, 2003-03-30 at 22:22, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> I can't account for that price - had I seen it, I would have snapped it
> up, barring exceptional S/H charges. And I hav no use for it
> (presently)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20314&item=3408497889

I intended to bid at the last minute, but forgot about the auction, and
was upset that i missed the end.  Processor modules don't get much
cheaper than that.  Shipping rate isn't great, but the overall price
with shipping is quite acceptable IMHO.

> I think every 200 MHz CPU on ebay is a leftover from a 300 MHz upgrade.
> Very few people have suitable boards without a CPU at least as fast as
> one of these.
>
> I bought one to go with a cheap U2 that came with one already
> installed. A very nice box... Very nice!

That's exactly why i'm looking for one.  I was asking to try to
determine weather i should go ahead and buy a second 200mhz module or
spring for a pair of faster processors.

	-Dan Sikorski