[rescue] Ultra SPARC purchase

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 31 06:30:26 CST 2003

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20314&item=3408497889

> I intended to bid at the last minute, but forgot about the auction,
> and was upset that i missed the end.  Processor modules don't get
> much cheaper than that.  Shipping rate isn't great, but the overall
> price with shipping is quite acceptable IMHO.

Nah- that fellow had a $15 S/H fee - way too much, even if he goes to
MBE, pays full retail for the S/H supplies and insures it for $100!

When I bought one of these CPUs, it was from an "approved" vendor
(can't remember name, I think it was Marathon) for $25, + $5 S/H - a
bit more, but it was known good, came well - packed, and had a warranty
- and this was a year ago...

Dual 200s are GREAT - Dual 300s are REALLY GREAT... There, does that
clear it up? Were I in your shoes (U2 w/one 200 MHz CPU), I'd either
look for a cheap dual processor (no RAM/HD) U2 w/300 MHz CPU or a 200
MHz CPU... The price of a dual 300 MHz processor U2 is about the same
as the two CPUs alone.

=====
Lionel