[rescue] Ultra SPARC purchase

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 30 21:22:08 CST 2003

--- Dan Sikorski <me at dansikorski.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure i'd discount the 200mhz UltraSparc I's.  The price is
> definitely right.  i missed the end of an auction that had a 200mhz
> module for an ultra go go for less than $5.

I can't account for that price - had I seen it, I would have snapped it
up, barring exceptional S/H charges. And I hav no use for it
(presently)

> Can anyone tell me why it is that those modules are so much cheaper
> than the UltraSparc II's?

I think every 200 MHz CPU on ebay is a leftover from a 300 MHz upgrade.
Very few people have suitable boards without a CPU at least as fast as
one of these.

I bought one to go with a cheap U2 that came with one already
installed. A very nice box... Very nice!

=====
Lionel