[rescue] HP-UX Laptops - hardware manual

Paul Weissmann paul at doorslam.net
Fri Mar 28 01:16:46 CST 2003

roosmcd at dds.nl [roosmcd at dds.nl] wrote:
>  Hello,
>
> > These both (3050RX workstations and HI-UX OS) were almost Japan-only.
> > I think they should even be more hard to get than Sony's NeWS systems.
>
>  I've actually seen Sony NeWS systems here in .nl, appearantly there was an IT
> company near where I live which was heavily into NeWS. There also are NeWS
> laptops, one was for sale/free in Germany not too long ago... But I don't have
> a NeWS machine (yet).

I guess this was mine, if you are referring to the one in d.a.f.c.?

> > References to the 3050RXen are also quite rare; I found some of the
> > info in the PRO (Precision Origanization) (?) newsletters.
> >
> > No more references were found to this laptop, but I really would be
> > interested in having a look at it and at 3050RX systems in general.
>
>  One important question is if you get such a machine if it will only do kanji?
> I would make sure of that first...

That's a good question; I don't think I'll get one in the near future
though...

But again, looking at Sony NeWS, these were straight English/ASCII,
right?!

>  There was a note with the mail saying the postman tried to deliver a package
> at my door today from the USA, so I guess my precisionbook is waiting for me at
> the post-office. Too bad I'll have to wait until tomorrow before I can pick it
> up :(.

Got mine some days ago, really nice machine. The drive-caddies
are a joke though.

	- paul