[rescue] HP-UX Laptops - hardware manual

roosmcd at dds.nl roosmcd at dds.nl
Thu Mar 27 10:09:04 CST 2003

 Hello,

> These both (3050RX workstations and HI-UX OS) were almost Japan-only.
> I think they should even be more hard to get than Sony's NeWS systems.

 I've actually seen Sony NeWS systems here in .nl, appearantly there was an IT
company near where I live which was heavily into NeWS. There also are NeWS
laptops, one was for sale/free in Germany not too long ago... But I don't have
a NeWS machine (yet).

> References to the 3050RXen are also quite rare; I found some of the
> info in the PRO (Precision Origanization) (?) newsletters.
>
> No more references were found to this laptop, but I really would be
> interested in having a look at it and at 3050RX systems in general.

 One important question is if you get such a machine if it will only do kanji?
I would make sure of that first...

 There was a note with the mail saying the postman tried to deliver a package
at my door today from the USA, so I guess my precisionbook is waiting for me at
the post-office. Too bad I'll have to wait until tomorrow before I can pick it
up :(.

   greetings
     Michiel