[rescue] Re: OT: Remember HP Easy-Setup 11.0 cdroms from last

Gavin Hubbard ghub005 at xtra.co.nz
Thu Mar 27 14:59:38 CST 2003

> > Did anybody who got a cdr copy of the cdroms (I got cd
> > #1&2 from HP) ever get them to install properly?
> >
> > I run through the install - doesn't matter whether its
> > an "Easy-Setup" or basic - mine keeps croaking and
> > asking for a "xsw_700_AR0602_part1" cd after it's gone
> > through both of the cd's I got from HP.  And of course
> > the install fails.
> >
> > Any ideas?

Be careful with those disks - they aren't standard HP-UX installation media.

My understanding is that they contain an image preload designed for engineering workstations. I only found this out when I ran one on my new rp2430 system (650MHz PA8700) and it borked the system.

The kernel it compiles doesn't support the PA8700 so the systems would try to boot then drop into a kernel panic. It also remapped some of the hardware devices in the GSP which lead to all sorts of disturbing error messages.

Regards,

Gavin