[rescue] The eagle, errr, PrecisionBook has landed... ;-)

Marc Gutschner Marc.Gutschner at Triplan.COM
Thu Mar 27 07:02:44 CST 2003

Hi!

Just took delivery of the PrecisionBook I "snatched" on eBay a few days ago.
A quick inspection shows that it contains the optional 1MB external cache
expansion although it wasn't mentioned in the item description.

The packaging was - uhm - average: A protective layer between the lid and
the keyboard to prevent the display from getting any (additional) scratches
and the laptop itself was surrounded by "InstaPak Packaging Foam". All in
all not the optimal packaging, but it could've been worse ;-)

The laptop itself looks rather used, although not abused. It has some
(small) scratches all around the shell and one of the tabs that lock the
display is broken off and bounces around in the inside of the machine.
I'm not sure on the status of the battery - will check it out later today...

So far I'm rather pleased with what I got for my money, especially since I
paid a lot less than what the seller is asking for now ;-)

--
Marc Gutschner
Entwicklung

ITandFactory GmbH