[rescue] OT: Remember HP Easy-Setup 11.0 cdroms from last summer?

Mike F lists at mikef.dyndns.org
Thu Mar 27 08:41:30 CST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "stephen price" <sd_price at yahoo.com>
To: <rescue at sunhelp.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2003 10:50 PM
Subject: [rescue] OT: Remember HP Easy-Setup 11.0 cdroms from last summer?

> Did anybody who got a cdr copy of the cdroms (I got cd
> #1&2 from HP) ever get them to install properly?
>
> I run through the install - doesn't matter whether its
> an "Easy-Setup" or basic - mine keeps croaking and
> asking for a "xsw_700_AR0602_part1" cd after it's gone
> through both of the cd's I got from HP.  And of course
> the install fails.
>
> Any ideas?

The first run through the install (Easy-Setup mode), it complained
about not finding a certain depot, and offered the option to retry,
after which it seemed to be successful. For reasons other than this,
I ended up running a second installation, and this time it seemed fine.
This machine is now up and running and I've applied the latest quality
pack, so all is well it seems. Perhaps you might want to try changing
some other options in the installation - there are a few options I
changed from the default in the "Additional..." dialog of the installer.

Good luck - MF