[rescue] Re: Can someone identify this Netra machine?

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 25 16:17:13 CST 2003

--- Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:

> >> http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3407679036

>    I don't think that machine HAS enough gills to pack with $500
> worth of hardware, man.  I'd offer them maybe $90 for it, if only
> because it's a sweet looking chassis with lots of drive bays.

For that kind of money you could get an E250 (a great box! I love mine)
from anysystems.com on eBay (of course, S/H for such a heavy system is
pricey)... The E250 is a much more robust box, IMHO.

I agree with Dave though, if it was local and the price was low enough
(I'd consider up to $125-150) it is a decent deal if you want a
low-cost MANY-drive server (12 bays, but all on one SCSI string)...

Honestly, a U60 or even U30 would be a better buy, IMHO.

=====
Lionel