[rescue] QIC-11 on a SparcStation ?

PurpleT3K purpletwilight3000 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Mar 20 09:39:13 CST 2003

Curt,

Thanks for that. I did try MAKEDEV st and the rst? and nrst?
devices were created. But it still doesnt seem to work.

The tape drive does use the MT-02 bridge board (I've just
removed it). The third board is some kind of SCSI->EDSI
converter for the full height HD that is in the shoebox. I
disabled that board because I guess the HD is set to SCSI
address 0.

The tape drive does click and wirr when I try a probe-scsi
command - so its definitely there.

Interestingly - if I connect the HD unit and board, I get
more information when the Sun boots referring to sd3,
and also to the "ADAPTEC" driver. But the disk unit
gives lots of errors and the main internal scsi drives
become unstable.

Ian.