[rescue] QIC-11 on a SparcStation ?

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Thu Mar 20 09:52:59 CST 2003

What does your kernel config file say for the st devices for scsi bus/address
location ?

If a tape is in the drive, does the mt command do anything with the drive
(rewind, retention) ?  Is it just not responding to tar/dump ?

does a dmesg output say anything about a tape drive after booting ?
(not sure if it will when your dealing with MT-02 but it may be worth
a look).

I have a SunOS 4.1.3 box that hasn't been powered up in a long time...
so I have a box if I need to dig beyond the capacity of my memory.
I was a heavy 4.1.3 user & admin at one time.

-- Curt