[rescue] QIC-11 on a SparcStation ?

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Thu Mar 20 08:56:13 CST 2003

The device nodes may not be created by default.  There is a script in /etc
called MAKEDEV  I think you want to do cd /etc; ./MAKEDEV st
to build the st devices nodes.

I thought those boxes had 2 boards... one for the drive, and one for the
tape drive....

I think you have a tape drive with an MT-02 bridgeboard.  As I recall all
those all bridgeboards barely respond to probe-scsi and generally return
little to no info so what probe-scsi shows you is no surprise.

Hope MAKDEDEV does the trick for you.

You can also check your kernel config and see if st0 is defined to be
scsi target 4.  I believe that is the default.

-- Curt