[rescue] almost have an UE1, advice?

Tim H. lists at pellucidar.net
Fri Mar 14 18:06:32 CST 2003

On Thu, 13 Mar 2003 23:03:50 -0600
"Jonathan C. Patschke" <jp at celestrion.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Mar 2003, Tim H. wrote:
>
> > Now that I have a case, I realize that the motherboard needs some
> > kind of mounting plate, which I don't have.  Since this is now the
> > only missing piece, I am impatient.
>
> Are you talking about the big plate/bulkhead at the rear that all the
> ports are mounted against, or are you talking about the mounting
> rails. There should be two plastic rails on the bottom of the chassis.
>  The
> system board slides into those rails, and the bulkhead bolts onto the
> back of the chassis.
>
> --
> Jonathan Patschke  *)  "They're like candy for your ass."
> Thorndale, TX      (*                       --Doc Shipley

Never having seen one correctly assembled, I don't know.  The back panel
with all the ports is attached to the motherboard, with plastic bezel
and captive screws. In the bottom of the case, under the motherboard,
are various metal formings, which appear to have interacted with other
things at some point.  I do not have anything to hold the bottom of the
motherboard off the bottom of the case. I can see where plastic rails
would be, and I also see a raised spot under the center of the
motherboard which seems to have had something attached to it from the
wear marks.  So I guess I am talking about the plastic rails, I was
picturing something larger than that, because the spot in the middle
must have something to keep the motherboard from touching and shorting.

Tim