[rescue] almost have an UE1, advice?

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Fri Mar 14 19:03:09 CST 2003

On Fri, 14 Mar 2003, Tim H. wrote:

> Never having seen one correctly assembled, I don't know.  The back panel
> with all the ports is attached to the motherboard, with plastic bezel
> and captive screws.

Okay, you have the rear piece, then.

> In the bottom of the case, under the motherboard,
> are various metal formings, which appear to have interacted with other
> things at some point.

That's where the rails go, I'd bet.

> I do not have anything to hold the bottom of the
> motherboard off the bottom of the case. I can see where plastic rails
> would be, and I also see a raised spot under the center of the
> motherboard which seems to have had something attached to it from the
> wear marks.

That hooks into a plastic foot on the underside of the system board to
provide a center support.

> So I guess I am talking about the plastic rails, I was
> picturing something larger than that, because the spot in the middle
> must have something to keep the motherboard from touching and shorting.

Check the underside of your system board.  There should be something
that looks like this:
                     __________

It attaches to the system board via a plastic post with a
slotted/expanding head at the top--like a PC motherboard standoff.

--
Jonathan Patschke  *)  "They're like candy for your ass."
Thorndale, TX      (*                       --Doc Shipley