[rescue] Octane memory question

Jeffrey Nonken jeff_work at nonken.net
Fri Mar 14 12:51:04 CST 2003

On Fri, 14 Mar 2003 11:57:51 -0500 (EST), "Curtis H. Wilbar Jr."
<rescue at hawkmountain.net> wrote:

> I have two soldering stations... they are a bit old... one is a Weller
> (the smaller one of the two), and one is an Ungar... The Ungar has two
> irons... a smaller and a larger, but the heating element was smashed in the
> smaller one.... anyone know of a good place to get affordable parts for
> them ?  That smaller iron has a really nice tip that would work much better
> for surface mount work....

Check that Techni-Tool link I gave you before, the Hakko dual-station thingy
worked pretty well for me. You can also buy the medium and large irons as
separate stations.

The medium with a 1mm tip worked nicely, a bit large for the SSOP stuff but
otherwise great. I tried a .5mm chisel tip that you can get for the large
iron, but I couldn't keep the surface clean enough to be of any use. Maybe
one
of those special "tip renewal" sponge thingies (not the normal cleaning
sponge
that comes with it) would have helped, but I foolishly didn't order one.

(watches as a cat walks through his Sun box)

I think maybe it's time to put the cover back on.

Oh God, he just tried to curl up and sleep inside the box. DEFINITELY time
for
the cover.

---
Jesus is coming!  Everyone look busy.