[rescue] Octane memory question

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Fri Mar 14 10:57:51 CST 2003

Yikes !  I think you have more patience than I... that looks like it must
have been a real B*#&%.

What do people generally recommend for an iron for surface mount work, mine
is a little too big making surface mount work clumsy and difficult (but not
impossible ... at least for simple parts).

I have two soldering stations... they are a bit old... one is a Weller
(the smaller one of the two), and one is an Ungar... The Ungar has two
irons... a smaller and a larger, but the heating element was smashed in the
smaller one.... anyone know of a good place to get affordable parts for
them ?  That smaller iron has a really nice tip that would work much better
for surface mount work....

-- Curt