[rescue] Cool new gadget

Jeffrey Nonken jeff_work at nonken.net
Thu Mar 13 14:32:24 CST 2003

On Tue, 11 Mar 2003 10:24:42 -0500, "Tim H." <lists at pellucidar.net> wrote:

> I have always wondered what they meant by "played on teletype machines"
> since they were dumb terminals.  I presume that they ran they game, and
> schools connected to it with TT.

"Played on teletype machines" means to me that they would run on a simple
paper text terminal connected to a mainframe (or other box, but I associate
ASR-33 TTYs with mainframes). Yes, the program actually ran on the mainframe.
TTY is about as dumb a terminal as you can get.

---
A book worth banning is a book worth reading.