[rescue] NetApp F720 question

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Wed Mar 12 09:58:51 CST 2003

On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 10:49:38AM -0500, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> I debated calling it a "hobbyist program", but I could't think of a better
> term.  I agree, it's not official - other than getting the keys from a
> NetApp rep.  It's very hush-hush, but they do freely give out license keys
> to home users.  The NetApp management, at least a few years ago, was a bunch
> of geeks - so they understood the importance of neat kit at home.  Also, all
> the sales reps I've ever dealt with are Good People too - more than ready to
> help out.

When I inquired about my F330 through "official channels" (e.g., the NetApp
web site) I got a sales person (woman) who was astounded that I had a filer
at home - and suggested that I either buy a support contract or "run linux
on it". (!)

I had better results asking the toasters list a couple days later. 8-)

Bill

--
bill bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net