[rescue] NetApp F720 question

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Wed Mar 12 09:36:05 CST 2003

On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 08:58:19AM -0500, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> Nope.  These require the Netapp OS.  The good news is that you can get a OS
> install floppy from Network Appliance if you ask nicely, you can also get
> some basic licenses for NFS, CIFS, HTTP, FTP, etc if you ask nicely.
> Network Appliance has a "hobbyist" program from home users that is usually
> kept somewhat quiet.  Just find a NetApp rep in your area and explain your
> situation and what you want to do.  As long as it's not in a commercial
> setting, chances are you can get some goodies from him/her - as long as you
> ask.

As far as I know (unless things have changed in the past year or so), there's
no official hobbyist program, just license keys that get handed out with a
"shhh! dont share this!" note. 8-)

When I inquired about a hobbyist program a year and a half ago, I got emails
off-list from people on the Toasters list, and all of them had the exact same
NFS license key.

bill

--
bill bradford