[rescue] Re: Octane woes

Gavin Hubbard ghub005 at xtra.co.nz
Thu Mar 6 20:46:03 CST 2003

> too bad I don't have Irix loaded on it yet... and hinv in the rom doesn't
> have a -m option...
>
> I have a 030-0887-005 mainboard... any idea what the max processor is
> with that rev board ?  R12K ? dual R10K ???
>
> -- Curt

I'm away from the office and don't have my notes with me, but I believe that you can run the "system" command from the command monitor. This will tell you what revision system-board and XBow ASIC you have installed.

The 030-0887-005 mainboard definitely supports R12000 CPUs. Specifically, the single 300MHz, dual 300MHz, and single 400MHz modules. I don't think it support the R14000 modules.

Regards,

Gavin